Thursday, June 29, 2006

Cecilia Roberts Leslie, RIP

I'm back in South Carolina, at least temporarily. My mother, Cecilia Roberts Leslie, passed from this life today at about 6: 45 AM. My sister-in-law and a very conscientious nurse's aide were with her. They said her passing was very peaceful. There was no pain, no struggle. My brother Allen called everyone else and we gathered at the house a few minutes later. We said goodbye, wept, prayed, and comforted each other as best we could. My brother Bill and I decided it would be best if we went back to my house and prepared ourselves for the memorial service on Monday.

I don't have the words to say much more about it right now. At Allen's request, I've written an obituary for the newspapers, but those few lines of stiff, formal language don't do justice to the wonderful woman who was--and is--my Mom. As the days and weeks go by, no doubt I will be blogging more about her. For now I can only offer this prayer:

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. Amen.

Rest in peace, Mom. I love you.

4 comments:

Rod Bennett said...

Peace of Christ to you all, Niall. My prayers and best wishes during this difficult time. May God grant your Mom eternal light and peace for the sake of His beloved Son, our Savior. Amen.

StBlog said...

I will remember your Mother and all of her family in my rosary. May God's loving mercy comfort you and remind you to keep alive in your prayers the memory of all our deceased. +JMJ+
John
http://stblogsparish.com/list

Dorian Speed said...

My prayers and condolensces to you.

DP said...

My condolences and prayers for your mother, yourself, and your family.

May perpetual light shine upon her.