Monday, August 04, 2014

Stratford Caldecott, RIP

Stratford "Strat" Caldecott, the British Catholic author, speaker, and Marvel Comics fan that I blogged about in my last entry, has died. He passed into eternal life July 17 with his wife and daughters at his side. Here is a link to the obituary published by Second Spring, the journal he edited. I had not heard of him until recently, and of course I did not know the man personally, but I wish I had. I shall have to read one of his books. Any man who loved Marvel Comics, J. R. R. Tolkien, and the Catholic faith is someone I would like to have met.
From all accounts, he was a man of deep faith, profound intellectual insight, and a gentle sense of humor. I am sure he will be missed by those who knew and loved him. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

No comments: