Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Technical Difficulties . . .

Please Stand By
 
 


It looks, dear readers, as if I might have to go offline for about the next two weeks. Last night the monitor on my laptop started flickering as if it were caught in a snowstorm or were a TV getting bad reception with a rabbit ears antenna. I called the manufacturer's tech support number, and they said it sounds like a problem with either the computer's LCD or the motherboard. I'm using an old desktop monitor as a workaround until a box from FedEx arrives for me to ship the laptop back to the manufacturer for repairs. Prayers to the patron saints of computers and high technology would be appreciated.

UPDATE: As I was typing this. the laptop screen suddenly cleared, just as suddenly as it started snowing up last night. It's a miracle! :) Should I still send the unit back to the manufacturer for maintenance? If I could avoid it, that would save me a heck of a lot of money. Just to be on the safe side, I'm backing up critical files. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

PaperSmyth said...

Hang in there. And, by all means, make back-ups. (Shouldn't you do that anyway?)